Skip to main content

The reflection of a Queen


Every woman likes to be a dolled up Queen; right? From high heels, to eye shadows, to the color of their nails. We all loved getting dolled up and looking like a Queen for that special occasion. Some want the ultimate compliment after the process and others just want the satisfaction of  knowing we look like a Queen for a day.

 I tend to think getting dolled up means becoming the ultimate  Queen. I was raised  that Beauty is in the eye of the King who sees his Queen from a distance. It doesn't matter the color of her hair, how high are the heels, or what name brand she labels herself. What matters is the beauty within her eyes.

I tend to believe that being NATURAL is the reflection of being a Queen.

I can say that I am a 23 year old young lady who has never dyed my hair, got fake nails, or better yet marked my body. I want to be a natural Queen even after my King arrives. Disregard the waiting process for my king to finally find me; being a Queen never hurts.

Every woman has her weakness when becoming a Queen. Mine is dresses. I tend to always have all kinds of dresses. From the Bohemian day look to the Fancy, classy, red carpet starlet.

I tend to do my own make up keeping it simple but making the Arab eyes stand out. I am mix woman which comes with great features. I have the wavy beach hair, curves, and was blessed from both front and back supply.  Not many women are naturally equal; I believe I am blessed.

As for being a dolled up queen, I like to keep it simple yet classy. Modesty is a must no matter what, however I believe a Queens beauty stands out within her eyes.  Doesn't matter how mysterious the eye shadow is, how long is the gown, or how many accessories we carry on our neck; our natural beauty is the ultimate reflection of a Queen!


Top look is a bohemian style by Free People & Foreign Exchange. Bottom look is the Red Carpet Starlet by BCBG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Life Changing Summer

Summer time is all about the sun kissed beach days, pool parties with floating flamingos, and camp trips with the family but for me; Summer time was tragic!

My summer started like any other,  filled with plans to visit my family and have fun under the sun but things took a tragic turn towards the end.

The sunny summer I was living became a thunder storm as I received the worst Direct Message anyone could open via Instagram. It was my best friends little sister informing me that Gaby, whom I  loved like a sister had passed away that morning!

I immediately thought it was a bad joke but my sky became dark and heavy as the thunder of truth arrived with the terrible news.

Just like any storm, lighting stroked me as I answered the call that changed my life forever!

Gabys mother, Myra was crying which such devastation that when she said, "Gaby passed away mija", I couldn't say anything other than, "No, no no! This is not happening!"

I was in denial but hearing her mo…

Always Hungry for More

By Gardenia Zuniga-Haro
"Can I have extra meat on my burrito please," said Parra while we ordered food at Taqueria Cancun in downtown Berkeley.

Sitting down to a  table he took a deep sip of his horchata and went on to mention how excited he was for summer to start. He shared how he might go to Europe to play for a major soccer team but before I jump into the future, let me reverse with a bit of history of Victor Emilio Parra.

You may have seen him on on television participating in an ESPN reality show, perhaps playing soccer across the world or maybe even checked him out in one of his Instagram posts BUT do you know the real Victor?

I didn't really know him either so if you said NO, then don't feel bad. I will make sure that after this article you get to know who he is besides what you have seen so far.

Victor came from very humble beginnings. He grew up in the slums of Medellin, Colombia and just like any little boy, he picked up a soccer ball.

"I did not like play…

The Power of the Kitty

This blog might be a little risky, but after many stories I hear on my gossip sessions with my girl friends and study sessions with guys, I think its time to talk about the power of the Kitty (Pussy).

Not many of us want to admit it but the kitty is very powerful in and out of relationships. As a kitty owner I can admit, it has worked in my advantage at times, but  sometimes its high demand can get  annoying. I keep my kitty to myself and do not let anyone try to control on how many times it can go outside and play because its my kitty, not theirs.

Ladies, we all know how many times we had used our kitties to our advantage, right? No shame, but we are playing smart. We do not have to let everyone pet our kitty or try to take it out on a walk. Its ours! We have control. Yes, there might be a few friendly potential pet owners who might be qualified but at the end of the day, its our choice if we want to let the kitty out and play.

I have heard, seen, and in some cases been in situation…