Skip to main content

The reflection of a Queen


Every woman likes to be a dolled up Queen; right? From high heels, to eye shadows, to the color of their nails. We all loved getting dolled up and looking like a Queen for that special occasion. Some want the ultimate compliment after the process and others just want the satisfaction of  knowing we look like a Queen for a day.

 I tend to think getting dolled up means becoming the ultimate  Queen. I was raised  that Beauty is in the eye of the King who sees his Queen from a distance. It doesn't matter the color of her hair, how high are the heels, or what name brand she labels herself. What matters is the beauty within her eyes.

I tend to believe that being NATURAL is the reflection of being a Queen.

I can say that I am a 23 year old young lady who has never dyed my hair, got fake nails, or better yet marked my body. I want to be a natural Queen even after my King arrives. Disregard the waiting process for my king to finally find me; being a Queen never hurts.

Every woman has her weakness when becoming a Queen. Mine is dresses. I tend to always have all kinds of dresses. From the Bohemian day look to the Fancy, classy, red carpet starlet.

I tend to do my own make up keeping it simple but making the Arab eyes stand out. I am mix woman which comes with great features. I have the wavy beach hair, curves, and was blessed from both front and back supply.  Not many women are naturally equal; I believe I am blessed.

As for being a dolled up queen, I like to keep it simple yet classy. Modesty is a must no matter what, however I believe a Queens beauty stands out within her eyes.  Doesn't matter how mysterious the eye shadow is, how long is the gown, or how many accessories we carry on our neck; our natural beauty is the ultimate reflection of a Queen!


Top look is a bohemian style by Free People & Foreign Exchange. Bottom look is the Red Carpet Starlet by BCBG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving the Independence!

I came to San Francisco five years ago with the dream to be independent, discover myself, and one day tell my grandchildren, "Your abuelita once lived in San Francisco." I made the big move when I was twenty-three years old and somehow those five years where a roller coaster of every fucking thing you can imagine living in a big city is worth. Now I am approaching the end of my twenties and  I can surely say I have earned my stripes living in this city. My first week in the city I was scammed for my apartment and  lost 3k.  I ended up living in my car for a few nights under the bay bridge intersection because I  refused to go back home.  I attended an over priced art school and after a year decided,  this isn't for me. Yes, I am an art school drop out but ironically I have a career compared to a few of my fellow art school buddies who graduated with honors. I lived in many places in the city in the five years I survived. From sharing rooms, renting a closet, and get

The Year I Became a Woman

We all have that one year that breaks us, transforms us, or better yet, fucking molds us! This year I can say I became the Woman I saw getting lost in the fog of this cold and gloomy city. As the year is about to end in the next few days, I came to the realization that this year, I have changed in so many ways. I can say I am in the career path I have always dreamt off, got healthier which I will cover later one but the one thing I can gladly say is that I learned to love myself without having to love anyone else. The year I became a woman.(Photography by Allison Ekevara Kitpowsong). Last year was one of the worst years of my life. I lost my sister Gaby, I was battling breast cancer (I never came public about it), and I was hanging on a treat in a toxic relationship with a few people who had control over me. That year was a shit show. I wasn't happy, healthy, or satisfied with a lot and I promised myself after midnight that this year, I was going to change my life.

A Life Changing Summer

Summer time is all about the sun kissed beach days, pool parties with floating flamingos, and camp trips with the family but for me; Summer time was tragic! My summer started like any other,  filled with plans to visit my family and have fun under the sun but things took a tragic turn towards the end. The sunny summer I was living became a thunder storm as I received the worst Direct Message anyone could open via Instagram. It was my best friends little sister informing me that Gaby, whom I  loved like a sister had passed away that morning! I immediately thought it was a bad joke but my sky became dark and heavy as the thunder of truth arrived with the terrible news. Just like any storm, lighting stroked me as I answered the call that changed my life forever! Gabys mother, Myra was crying which such devastation that when she said, "Gaby passed away mija", I couldn't say anything other than, "No, no no! This is not happening!" I was in denial but hea