Skip to main content

The one that got lost


When it comes to past relationships; what do we do when the one that got lost, comes back?

We all have seen the famous HBO series, "Sex in the City." The main character Carrie falls in love with her infamous Mr. Big who comes back and forth in her life. The connection she had for him was infinite and even with the other chapters in her love life; none compare to Mr. Big. As the distance grew, so did their love within time but he always came back when she was happy. At the end of their 10 years of Bad Romance; they get married.

I hate to say this but I am starting to feel like Carrie myself. I had always compared the writer, and style part with hers but not when it came to relationships.

See I had been getting to know a guy who in this comparison can be called "Big" but he somehow got lost on my birthday. The connection I felt for him was something I had never felt for anyone else. We talked on a daily basis and disregard the miles; we had something for each other. To make a long short short, he somehow got lost the day of my 23rd birthday. I always wondered " Why did he leave?" or "Did I do something wrong?"

After two months of questioning why did he leave; he finally came back into my life. This time he explained the reasons why he left but regrets it everyday. At the end of the day; it was my birthday and he left me on the one special day of the year.

I learned to forget about Big and allowed another Aiden into my life. I honestly never expected to have Big come back at all. In the show  Aiden is the other man Carrie is in love with when Big comes back. However Carrie has an affair with Big while she lives with Aiden. Somehow it became a circus and Carrie ended up alone but like always; Big comes back. I am starting to feel like Carrie. I have Aiden who represents my partner at the time yet Big came back and wants me once more in his life.

The harsh part about this story is how I do not have the same connection I did with Big like I should with my Aiden. Now that Big is back, he wants to settle down yet I am already taken. My Aiden also wants to settle down and have a family down the road.

Its a bad romance episode of my life. I ca not have both yet I want part of both in my life. Big offered on last chance and wants to marry me. He is a few years older and educated but it still does not justify leaving me. On the other side my Aiden is my age, my personality, and we share the same birthday. He can be immature at times but he was there to wipe the tears Big left running down my face.

I have two great guys who want the same thing in my life. At the moment I am beyond confused and stressed out. Its a matter or time to see who will be the one in my life but for now; the one that got lost wants me back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving the Independence!

I came to San Francisco five years ago with the dream to be independent, discover myself, and one day tell my grandchildren, "Your abuelita once lived in San Francisco." I made the big move when I was twenty-three years old and somehow those five years where a roller coaster of every fucking thing you can imagine living in a big city is worth. Now I am approaching the end of my twenties and  I can surely say I have earned my stripes living in this city. My first week in the city I was scammed for my apartment and  lost 3k.  I ended up living in my car for a few nights under the bay bridge intersection because I  refused to go back home.  I attended an over priced art school and after a year decided,  this isn't for me. Yes, I am an art school drop out but ironically I have a career compared to a few of my fellow art school buddies who graduated with honors. I lived in many places in the city in the five years I survived. From sharing rooms, renting a closet, and get

'Hustlers', the glitter, power, and money showers.

By Gardenia Zuniga-Haro Oh Jennifer Lopez; that body at fifty years old and Ramona's performance inspired me to hit the gym and get a pole in my living room. The first fifteen minutes of the movie are every man's fantasy performance although I have been to a few different gentlemen's clubs in San Francisco and neither performances I have ever seen compared to Ramona's opening act. Ramona's opening performance for Hustlers was jaw dropping! (Photo credit-BARBARA NITKE/STXfilms)  The glitter, power, and money showers delivered in the beginning caught my full attention although  I felt some scenes and actors where unnecessary in the film. I get it, the film was portraying the life of Samantha Barbash which was a self made hustler in New York city but I felt it wasn't worth the hype. I first heard of the movie while indulging on an episode of Wendy Williams where she mentioned a movie based on New York City strippers who scammed men was in pr

A Life Changing Summer

Summer time is all about the sun kissed beach days, pool parties with floating flamingos, and camp trips with the family but for me; Summer time was tragic! My summer started like any other,  filled with plans to visit my family and have fun under the sun but things took a tragic turn towards the end. The sunny summer I was living became a thunder storm as I received the worst Direct Message anyone could open via Instagram. It was my best friends little sister informing me that Gaby, whom I  loved like a sister had passed away that morning! I immediately thought it was a bad joke but my sky became dark and heavy as the thunder of truth arrived with the terrible news. Just like any storm, lighting stroked me as I answered the call that changed my life forever! Gabys mother, Myra was crying which such devastation that when she said, "Gaby passed away mija", I couldn't say anything other than, "No, no no! This is not happening!" I was in denial but hea