Skip to main content

A Modern Queen


When it comes to family values, how close are we to the Queens of our house?
My mother is the Queen at home. She has raised four children in her own throne without a king.. I see her as a modern Queen since she raised all her children, went to college, and has a professional job. There was a few prince charming's here and there, but none won the key to her kingdom. She achieved all this without a Kings help, but with patience, structure, and discipline.

Her throne relocated quite a few times. From Mexicali, B.C. Mexico all the way to Redwood City, California. We all followed our Queen. She will give us a task on our journey and we followed her throne. I was the first princess, but she calls me her Queen. I am her first daughter and her Reina. My sister Iliana came along, and she became the princess. A few battles in my mothers kingdom lead us to having the arrival of our prince Emmanuel. He came a  few years later.

After my Queen had her little army of children, we moved to another kingdom called Fresno, California. There we reached a new life, but still no king to share my mothers throne. Growing up, we all had issues following the orders of our Queen. I did not listen to my Queens religion, I had my own interest. I was the oldest Reina of her throne which meant the Queens rules where going to be strict on me. I never thought about it until now, but my Queen was though on me because she wanted to make sure I became a great Queen for my own throne one day.

My Queen had different challenges with every one of the members of her royal family. Somehow we all grew up and over came each obstacle. In my case, I grew up to be a strong Reina. I moved for college in Santa, Barbara, California. I was working in my education in hopes to one day establish my own kingdom. My first set of college finals, my Queen called me with shocking news. She was expecting a little princess to join our kingdom. I was happy, confused, and a bit grossed out. I did not expect my Queen to get pregnant after 40, but I guess she missed her Reina so much that she made a little replica of me. A few weeks later, Princess Iliana calls me with news, she is also expecting a little princess. I was once again,  I was shocked, but a bit disappointed. I had been raised under so much discipline, no freedom, and strict requirements' from my Queen. Knowing my sister got pregnant young made me feel like if everything I went through was flushed down the toilet. Eventually, I got over being upset at both Queen and Princess Iliana.

I came down to Fresno, California for a surprise visit on Mothers day weekend. Both, my mother and sister were not expecting me to come home to our small kingdom. Seeing both of them pregnant was a good feeling, because I knew our kingdom was going to expand. The prince charming of our kingdom was also growing up to be a man. Within a few months, both Princesses arrived our throne.

Princess Yadaih and Allison both came home within a month from each other. I was happy, excited, yet a bit sad. I was the Reina, the one to get the throne after my mother, yet I had no King or family. Princess Iliana was beating me in that department.

I moved on from my mixed feelings and on to another far, far, away land known as the bay area of California. I was three hours away from my Queens throne and came down ever other week to see the little princesses.  I journeyed on the land of work, college, and success. I gained a lot of self control, patience, and knowledge on what I want to do towards my own kingdom. I began to notice that I was missing my Queen, annoying prince, and adorable princesses of my kingdom.

I moved back home and continued my journey of education. I have a better relationship with my Queen, both have mutual respect for each others achievements.  My journey to possibly find a Prince Charming is limited. I have told my mother I do not want a prince charming, but I want a King. He will be mature, stable, and Ill be the only queen to his throne. I notice that both my Queen and I have a lot of things in common. We are both survivors of different circumstances, but we never gave up. Also, we both prefer older kings. My father was an older king and he is respected, loved, and always welcomed in our kingdom. Last but not least, we are both gypsies. We have both moved from far, far, away kingdoms' and still in search to find our land where we want to live happily very after.

I have grown to prove my Queen that I am the Reina she always wanted to represent her throne. Even if I do not have a king, I have a beautiful line of princesses and prince in my family who will always be united.

My Queen and her Reina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Hustlers', the glitter, power, and money showers.

By Gardenia Zuniga-Haro Oh Jennifer Lopez; that body at fifty years old and Ramona's performance inspired me to hit the gym and get a pole in my living room. The first fifteen minutes of the movie are every man's fantasy performance although I have been to a few different gentlemen's clubs in San Francisco and neither performances I have ever seen compared to Ramona's opening act. Ramona's opening performance for Hustlers was jaw dropping! (Photo credit-BARBARA NITKE/STXfilms)  The glitter, power, and money showers delivered in the beginning caught my full attention although  I felt some scenes and actors where unnecessary in the film. I get it, the film was portraying the life of Samantha Barbash which was a self made hustler in New York city but I felt it wasn't worth the hype. I first heard of the movie while indulging on an episode of Wendy Williams where she mentioned a movie based on New York City strippers who scammed men was in pr

Surviving the Independence!

I came to San Francisco five years ago with the dream to be independent, discover myself, and one day tell my grandchildren, "Your abuelita once lived in San Francisco." I made the big move when I was twenty-three years old and somehow those five years where a roller coaster of every fucking thing you can imagine living in a big city is worth. Now I am approaching the end of my twenties and  I can surely say I have earned my stripes living in this city. My first week in the city I was scammed for my apartment and  lost 3k.  I ended up living in my car for a few nights under the bay bridge intersection because I  refused to go back home.  I attended an over priced art school and after a year decided,  this isn't for me. Yes, I am an art school drop out but ironically I have a career compared to a few of my fellow art school buddies who graduated with honors. I lived in many places in the city in the five years I survived. From sharing rooms, renting a closet, and get

A Life Changing Summer

Summer time is all about the sun kissed beach days, pool parties with floating flamingos, and camp trips with the family but for me; Summer time was tragic! My summer started like any other,  filled with plans to visit my family and have fun under the sun but things took a tragic turn towards the end. The sunny summer I was living became a thunder storm as I received the worst Direct Message anyone could open via Instagram. It was my best friends little sister informing me that Gaby, whom I  loved like a sister had passed away that morning! I immediately thought it was a bad joke but my sky became dark and heavy as the thunder of truth arrived with the terrible news. Just like any storm, lighting stroked me as I answered the call that changed my life forever! Gabys mother, Myra was crying which such devastation that when she said, "Gaby passed away mija", I couldn't say anything other than, "No, no no! This is not happening!" I was in denial but hea